Wednesday 21 March 2012

Im a Reformed Cleanser-er:Clinique

You know I cant quite put this down to one thing.
Either my mum didn't educate myself well enough when I was younger in the rules of makeup
(Her idea of makeup is some lippy)
OR
I'm just incredibly lazy

Possibly a combination of the two.

For years removing makeup has been a case of begrudgingly dragging a wipe over my face. 
Its not a process Id enjoy. More A necessary evil.

Ive gone through phases of using NO7 cleaner and toner but I never really felt clean and my skin never felt like it was gratuitous of this process.

I mentioned in February Id purchased a few bits from Clinique and also got a bag of freebies.
Well Clinique this little bit of clever marketing in this case has truly worked.



I'm currently using comforting cleanser with a muslin cloth. Ive got a pack of 6 that were substantially cheaper from Ebay. This with warm water is the business. Clinique is famously frangrance free and is gentle on sensitive skin. It also does a fab job of removing eye makeup.

Both the Moisture Surge and the All about Eyes leave my skin feeling amazing. This feeling follows me way into the morning, and although I cleanse again with Soap And Glory Face Soap that soft feeling remains until I apply my makeup in the morning.

Since using these products (coincidence maybe) Ive had no break outs. In general I am lucky with my skin but on occasion Ill get a right whopper that demands its own postcode, so I guess this has made me remain in this routine.

As both little tubs are samples given to me in a goody bag during the Valentines day promotion I shall be purchasing full size. But at the rate I'm going this will be a few months. A little goes a long way! I will defiantly keeping hold of the containers for travelling with.

The main thing about all this is I enjoy doing it. I feel clean fresh and my skin feels amazing.  I really recommend these products, I think the eye cream needs a particular mention because it works well on my relatively young skin and may appeal to other women in their 20s/30s.



Honourable mentions of cleansing products Id like to try are:
Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser
Liz Earle Hot cloth cleanser- I know I know!

What products are in your skin routine?

In other news:
I have a HOT hair product review coming soon!
I bought some clothes from the kids section in ASDA  (Similar to WallMart) the other day. At 5"9 I feel a duty to tell you all!


5 comments:

  1. I hate to say this but my skin has improved drastically over the last month as I've been too lazy to use my cleanse & polish and I've been using nivea face wipes and my skin is almost flawless, so much for them being the scurge of the beauty world haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving my half-liter bottle of Bioderma. That thing is as gentle as water yet so effective! I've also been using Philosophy Purity Made Simple. It's a pretty good one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Clinique! Works so well and is perfect for sensitive skin. :)
    I also use Boscia.. It's natural and pure. The cleanser cleans so well!

    Xo,
    http://www.sacosha.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive added a Montagne Jeunesse mud masque once a week to the skincare regime my huuuuuuge pores are no longer noticable yay! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the eye cream, it worked wonders for me. I've changed my skincare routine up so much lately!

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete