Friday 31 August 2012

Benefits Erase Paste

It was only recently to my delight I realised I finally had a local Benefit Counter.
Oh I was thrilled. I was helped by a lovely assistant with vibrant red hair in selecting Benefits Erase paste.
You see the Collection 2000 concealer which I love had been creasing under my eyes as the day went on....and in all truth it was really starting to bug me.

There were several helpful suggestions:
&



The reason I chose the erase paste is because of its brightening qualities.
The lady on the counter told me that mixing the erase paste with a bit of High Beam can added even further amount of luminosity.

"This concentrated cream formula flawlessly helps to conceal and brighten dark circles and imperfections"

The product is perfect for the dark circles under my eyes. It does not however work effectively over blemishes....I keep a tight grip on my Collection 2000 concealer for those bad boys. The formula blends well with the heat of your finger and I am a sucker for benefits retro and flamboyant packaging.


The shade advised was No1 Fair.
I'm a little more tanned than usual at present and this shows on the swatch.
I am currently using this under my foundation and I am thrilled with the results.

I have seen other bloggers describe this as a must have product. I really like it but I also think at the price of £19.50 there are probably drugstore comparable at a more reasonable price.
Regardless you get a lot of bang for your buck and it will be months until I have to agonise over whether to repurchase this product or not. If like me the Collection 2000 formula doesn't agree with you I would certainly encourage a wander down to your local Benefit counter for atleast a try.

What I loved about the day I purchased this was that my local Benefit counter were offering free makeovers. It was a Saturday and I got pampered for a good 40mins while a Benefit makeup artist worked her magic and got me glammed for the nights events. This also gave me the opportunity to test Benefit products I don't own and see if they could endure a night out. A product I without doubt will return for in due course is the Watts Up Soft Focus Highlighter. It a lot more pink based than the High Beam and I love the glowy look it gave my face....no doubt review to come soon. 

I was so happy with the service I received that day. The girl was so friendly and helpful. Big up to you guys at Benefit!


P.S I have a MAC lippie giveaway still running! All Details here

9 comments:

  1. I love creamy concealers like this, i used Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse concealer but it's been discontinued :( so when that runs out i might have to pick this up!
    xxx

    www.TheBeautyBelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this its just a tad pricey but i think its worth it by the looks of it! Ive heard great things about boiing too which is on my list at the moment! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Erase Paste as I've heard so many good things about it, it's just so pricey :( Collection 2000 will just have to see me through for now!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bit pricey for me, I don't normally get on with benefit, but this is always on my to try list!

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this, but agree for the price i'm perfectly ok with my drugstore solutions :)

    sophierosehearts.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been lusting after this for oh so long! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a mini version of this but it was shade 2 which is too dark for me so I haven't used it a lot, I bought Boi-ing though and I absolutely love it especially under my eyes
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Collection 2000 one creases on me as well! :(

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about this product! Thanks for the info! :)

    Check out my blog?
    http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete